Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pressing pause

This past weekend I helped host my very best friends baby shower. I Love her to pieces and can not wait to see her experience the gift of being a mother. Never thought we would be pregnant at the same time so we embraced each others growing belly for a once in a lifetime shot :)
Honey and Emery. My little busy bee wore my mom out this weekend!
This little girl just rocks my world!
Always into something!

TIME: (n) The indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole. (v) Plan, schedule, arrange when something should happen or be done.

Lately I have been So emotional when I think Of the concept of "time." There is never enough and when there is am I taking advantage of it in the right way? I often find myself trying to multitask when I get home in the afternoon with Emery instead of just unplugging and soaking up her time. I feel like I am missing out on SO much by not staying home. Is this the right decision for her, the best thing for her? I question myself all the time. Not just on that but other things too. I feel like our lives are always go go go and our calendars are always booked solid that we rarely take the time to stop and enjoy each other. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy doing things and helping out and offering my time and visiting with family but after two months of it nonstop I have hit an emotional wall that is telling me to stop.
I find myself crying in the car and crying to Archie about how little time I have left with my baby girl just us three. Is this wrong of me? I feel guilty for feeling sad that we have only four months left. I am so happy that God is blessing our family with a new baby and I am excited and scared at the same time. Maybe the fear of it makes me emotional I don't know. I know God would not give me more than I can handle and I know we will take it in stride. But time is just slipping by me so quickly that I can't even grasp it! I want to take these next four months and do things just us three like go to the zoo or to the park and just enjoy Emery. I want to look at my calendar and go "Guess what we don't have anything this weekend!!!" Which is how this weekend coming up looks so you know what we are going to do just that! So my calendar for the next few months is going to say NO TRAVEL (sorry family back in LC) and we are going to stay here and soak things in. Especially since crawfish season is about to start and life will be all the more hectic and go go go :) <--- that's a sarcastic smile
Emery is such a busy bee and seems to be learning new things each and every day. She makes me realize how lucky we truly are to be blessed with such a wonderful life. She is 24 pounds and 32 inches tall. Growing like a weed and making her mommy wish it would slow down a tad.
Life is short and time flies by so I am going to try and start hitting my own pause button and stop and smell the roses ;)

No comments: