Monday, January 23, 2012

Fingers crossed

These days I seem to say this phrase a lot for many things...
Fingers Crossed we get our house appraisal back this week and it is good
Fingers Crossed we really close on Feb 17 and get moved in
Fingers Crossed this baby waits until March to surprise us.
Fingers Crossed that The Crawfish Hut does well this year because if not we are closing up shop
Fingers Crossed I remember all the things I need to take care of a newborn and seriously hope I start thinking about this soon and get on the ball with washing things and such.

On a lengthy side note I am going to copy off of one of my friends Sarah's blog and let you know how I'm feeling about baby #2 and our lives right now.
I am stressed out to the max but I try not to show it. Although anyone who knows me well enough can certainly tell. I have lots of new stuff going on with work and only 6 or so short weeks to implement it. I so badly want our house to appraise and everything to go smooth. I had it set in my head that we were going to close on Feb 10 and move that day. My realtor told me this was not going to happen and we should start thinking Feb 20. I broke down. Literally sobbing to her on the phone as if she could magically make everyone go on my time frame. I'm doing all the work for this move. Calling the banks, insurance people, etc etc etc. I am the point of contact for everything with the house. Archie just signed the papers :) Love the guy to death but can't overwhelm him ya know?
Now to things that keep me up at night
I stay up at night thinking about packing boxes, getting a Uhaul, can we pack it the night before and no one steal our stuff? Can we just sleep on mattresses on the floor the night before? I still have to clean this house too..... How am I going to pack all my fancy wine glasses without them breaking? I need to order new bed linens and a new King size mattress to be on the Uhaul for the move.... New Furniture.... Wonder if I can talk my brother into coming with my parents to help us move, probably would have to offer him money... Thank goodness my dad is off that weekend! Hope my mom will want to stay until Sunday and help me get organized. Oh because I will be 37 weeks pregnant and Archie will be at the hut.
Oh I'm Pregnant? We are having another baby? Oh yeah! Honestly It's not on my radar and it should be!! I feel like I will go into labor, call Archie and be like Ok lets go do this as if it's just another thing to check off my list for the day. This baby sure does hurt me with its jabs kicks and rolls way more that Emery did and Oh the shooting pains make my knees buckle! But still I have yet to register at the hospital, wash anything, get swings and etc out of storage. Nope Nothing. I did buy a new tub of Aquaphor for the little one though LOL I do feel guilty that I'm not thinking clearly. I mean I do think about it. I think about how much Archie travels and will be at the hut every weekend and I will be stuck at home with two kids in a new house going a tad bit crazy. Guess I should start stocking up on some wine.
So maybe I am a tad bit too negative you say. I would have to agree with you. I tell myself to take things one day at a time and God will help us through it all. I just have to remind myself of that every ten minutes or so or I forget. I truly know we are so blessed to be welcoming a new little one into the world, moving into our dream home, and running a fun small business. And I will try my hardest to remember that when I get crazy stressed. One day at time we will come out alive on the other side :)

4 comments:

Christa said...

TRUST IN GOD'S PLAN. He will work it out the way he wants it - not the way you want it. Sometimes we get lucky and have the same wishes God does... I know this is easier said than done.. but i have BEEN EXACTLY WHERE YOU ARE. exactly!!! You can do this. God DOES give us more than we can handle sometimes to see if we will trust in him and his perfect timing. Candice, just let go and let God. James 1:2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

one more: Philipians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

I can honestly say i have been thru so many changes and challenges - i don't worry for a second. He's got this too.

Peace,
Christa

hello said...

Candice, it is so normal to feel stressed and crazy! It is also perfectly fine, I think, to embrace those feelings sometimes. As happy abd blessed as you know you are, it is okay sometimes to step back and wonder how in the world you are going to do it all...But let me say this: God gives Mommies super powers. He gives you what you need to get through your days. Looking down the road at Archie being at the hut and you being home with two little ones will soon be a memory. One you can probably make him jealous wtih. You are going to be great. Just scream into a pillow if you need to, or play yelling games with Emery and see who can yell the loudest--she will think it is funny, and you can relieve some stress ;)

Oh, and see a chiropractor for your back and leg pain :)

Sarah said...

Lots of Hugs! Ditto on seeing the chiropractor.

I know when we look back on all this, it will just be a little blip on the radar but its so hard when you are in it.

It WILL all work out. Just worry about the things that can't wait and the other stuff will get done when it gets done!!!

And, I'll be available for afternoon wine dates with you! :)

The Heberts said...

Thank you ladies for the sweet comments! much LOVE!