Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Quick update

Just a quick update with a few pics. Above is Emery in Her daddy's girl T shirt which I love. I bought it from Cotton Laundry, you can find them on etsy.
For New Years Archie wanted to fish and since it was his birthday I was up for going to the Nance's bay house and hanging out with the girls. Scarlett and Emery had fun together although Emery woke up Scarlett every morning with her cries and woke her up during nap time. My child just does not sleep long. I felt so bad. She's up at six and her naps are usually only and hour and a half. Scarlett is a Great sleeper! Maybe #2 will sleep longer...
Speaking of sleeping I am happy to report that Emery has slept in her crib all night the past two nights! Fingers crossed her "growing phase" (thats what her doc said) is done for now :)
Yes I was a Nervous Wreck when Archie did this. I just have the worst fear of drowning. I will feel better after she takes swim lessons this summer..... No, who am I kidding i will still be on edge around water.
This bed is what I want to do in our new house. I want to decorate it totally different and this is my inspiration for the Master bed. We will be getting a King size bed (ours now is a queen) So I have been looking at how to make a fabric headboard. Seems easy enough. This room may look too Neutral to you but you can always change it with colorful pillows. Now I just need to decide on a Mattress and find where to get a cheap King size bedframe. Any Suggestions are welcome!
And this beauty is Miss Elle. My best friends baby girl. This past weekend I made the drive to Baton Rouge with Emery (stopped and picked up my mom in LC). I just had to get over there to see her! It was my only weekend I could do it. She is just the most precious thing and it fills my heart to see someone I love like Tiff to become a mother.
On a side note, before I left We were up in the air about making an offer on the new house. It was only 4 days and we didn't want to be too impulsive. I was already too emotionally attached to the house (Already decorating it in my head and etc) so I went ahead and left town to head to BR. Friday night Archie went and signed an offer on the house. Right after i left! Ha! I needed him to make the decision but didn't actually think he would do it But we are so excited! I don't want to jinx anything though until offer is accepted and all paperwork is signed so I will post a pic of the new home after I feel better about it. Until then please keep us in your prayers that everything works out with the least amount of bumps as possible.
And below is some giggles that make me smile :)

2 comments:

hello said...

I absolutely LOVE the photo of Emery on the boat! They joy in her (and Archie's) face is priceless.

The Heberts said...

it was so funny! she loved it!!!