Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Key Largo

Remember the song by the Beach boys, "Key Largo, Montego, baby why don't we go to Bermuda, Bahama, come on Pretty Mama.." Its called Kokomo and was the perfect theme song for our weekend getaway. The plain ride there was a breeze but we ran into some turbulence trying to figure out how to get from Miami to Key Largo. We got our Luggage and began asking around for the "shuttle" to the Keys. After being told different ways by every airport personnel, traveling back and forth three times to the rental car area, we finally decided to just rent a car. I was frustrated and Archie was cursing the world. He was more frustrated that his prego wife was having to walk everywhere and was getting no sure advice. So in the end rented a car and drove the hour ride down to Key Largo. We had a very nice relaxing weekend on the beach. At first I was quite apprehensive about rocking my bikini on the beach and will admit I had an emotional breakdown when I first put on my swimsuit. But Archie was so supportive and made me feel I could wear anything and still be beautiful in his eyes, no matter how big I feel and he is really the only one who matters. So who cares what I looked like to the rest of the beach! Besides after seeing what some of these women were wearing, I was fine. I mean where are these ladies friends to tell them "Girl I think you are a little big for that String Bikini." But hey they had confidence and rocked it!
Usually on our vacations we are Go go go!! But being 30 weeks pregnant you are kinda limited. We called to see if we could go swim with the dolphins but they said No Prego's allowed. I Felt guilty as if I was holding Archie back from exploring but he swore he was perfectly content just laying out and relaxing. SO that's all we did. Eat, Sleep, Tan. Did I mention how I LOVE breakfast buffets??!! How awesome would it be to have that every single morning!
It's back to the weekly Grind and we have plenty to look forward to. Thursday we get to see Emery for our 3D ultrasound. Saturday is my first shower! My great friends here are throwing it for me and I am so thankful and so excited!! I'm Hoping time starts to fly by with so much to look forward to.
Here is a slideshow of the weekend. In one pic I have a pouty look because Baby Hebert was leaving no room to breathe and makes me sooo uncomfortable. Hope all is well with you!

No comments: