Sunday, September 26, 2010

27!




This week I turned 27 years old. Natalie hosted a little get together for me at her house on Thursday for just the ladies. It was nice seeing everyone and I got some nice gifts. While I was there Archie went to a Klein High football game and noticed all the things that he thinks little girls should NOT be wearing. He constantly says "my daughter will not dress like that!" and I do agree with him but I think we are in for it :). 27 is going to be a great year I think, coincidentally my mom was 27 when she had me so I think it's a good age to have my first child. I Know Emery will make this year extra special. I also have some other things I would like to check off the list in this next year, one being the Hut turning a nice profit, and another being me working harder and smarter at my job. Oh and I would LOVE to be in a new house in this next year. I know it's wishful thinking but I really really am going to pray hard on it and work hard towards it.


Jenn, Allison, Natalie, Me (& Emery), Sarah, Brooke, & Tiffany

On another note, I call on doctors for a living, and some have no filter! Twice I was told "You look like your swollen!" One was by a male doctor on Tuesday who I nicely replied, "Really? I don't think so." And the second was on Friday By an female OBGYN who was genuinely concerned. On Friday I would agree with her. I was looking a little puffy. She asked me about my blood pressure which by the way was taken on Thursday at my appt and was fine. She talked with me about Preclampsia and some of the signs. My doctor has not had any concern so therefore I won't worry. But I will try to be more aware. I can't "take it easy" though. I have never really been one to just sit around so that's out of the question.
Saturday we went to a birthday party at two then headed downtown to see my Friend Allie tie the knot. This was by far the neatest wedding I have been to. It was at the Gallery and the wedding was outside and the reception was in. There was a string band of four that played music from The Beatles and The Beach Boys as the Wedding Party and Bride walked down the aisle. Then Viva La Vida was played at the end. Inside was decorated by Fun Colored flowers and lights. Her cake was a Lava Lamp, SO cool! And The favors were a packet of Wildflower seeds with the message to plant them and "watch love grow.' Allie looked absolutely stunning and I was so glad to have been there. We didn't stay too late but unfortunately left before they cut the cake. Which I still wanna know how they managed to cut it. Here is a picture of it:
Me and my Puffiness
How cool is this cake??!!!


No comments: