Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010

Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year! We had a nice Christmas but it was quite exhausting. We left Wednesday night and headed to Lake Charles. Thursday night Archie and I went on a date (see above picture), we had dinner and then decided to go meet some friends out. It was going to be a "pump-n-dump" kinda night. But My husband got a little too carried away at the bar so I had to be the responsible parent. You would think he would have let me do the drinking since I was pregnant for nine months but no way, once the first shot was ordered it was over with. Call me crazy but I felt like I could not have drank a lot if I wanted to. Its as if there is this instinct now that no matter how much I drink I wont get wasted because in the back of my mind I know I have to take care of Emery right when I get home.
Archie and I exchanged gifts before we left and I got a sewing machine and a BEAUTIFUL watch. He got a Keurig coffee pot and some other little gifts. His birthday is tomorrow and he will be getting an Apple Laptop so that's his big gift.

This is my cute Emery! She gets more animated every day. She is full of smiles and giggles

On Christmas we have 6 different places to be in 36 hours. Throw in a newborn and plus the fact that I am nursing and it is sure to be mind blowing. Every party we had to be at was of course right in the middle of her feeding so I was "spot feeding" her those two days. She of course didn't get to sleep much either. She got passed around like a hot potato. Grown ups and kids were handing her off like she was a little puppy. Which of course pissed her off and she became quite fussy. But I was very proud of myself for letting everyone hold her and not being overprotective. (Although I know of some that would disagree with the last statement) But Oh well! Can't please everyone! The above pic is stop #3. You can see by my face that i am pooped and so is my sweet angel. I don't know if next year we will not be making all 6 places. Santa wants to come to our house and i want to start my own family Christmas traditions at our house Christmas morning. It is wonderful seeing family and we enjoy spending time with them though so its hard because we live out of town.
Look at that smirk!
I love this hat and it wont fit her much longer
This is from last nights 3 am feeding. Did I mention she is sleeping 6 hours straight at night?!
She is such a happy little girl and We love her tons. I think I may move her to her crib in the next week.... We will see!

No comments: