Thursday, November 4, 2010

Loving my sweet girl

One week ago today I was in the hospital waiting for her debut. Technically we didn't have her until Friday at 4 in the morning but still... Tomorrow she will be a week old!!! How time has flown by ALREADY!
We have been in and out of the doctor since Monday checking her Jaundice levels everyday. They have been high but not high enough to go under the lights in the hospital. But still close to the borderline. Which is why she has been pricked in the heel 5 times already! Poor thing. Dr Z says her jaundice is from the suction cup. It can be caused by a few other things too. Dr's usually tell you to sit them in a window and catch some sun. But you would know it has been raining here the past two days. It has not rained in Houston or at my house at least in like two months but when I need the sunlight it rains! Typical. It is sunny today so we have been hanging out by the windows off an on. I would love to take her outside but its pretty windy and I would have to bundle her up which would defeat the purpose of getting sunlight.

My Mom headed back to Lake Charles today. We have been very lucky to have her here helping us with the baby and all the household chores. She was constantly doing things for us. Thank you Honey! We Love you! I am anxious though to be with Emery all by myself. I know I can handle it and look forward to it. Emery has been such a good baby so far (hope I'm not jinxing myself now).

Archie has been SOOOO good with her. I will say that I had pretty high expectations for Archie. He knew that I expected him to be very hands on and help out as much as he could. And i am happy to say he has well exceeded my expectations. He is in this just as much as me and enjoys every second of it. It is so nice to be able to say "my husband helps out even when we don't ask." I hope this isn't a phase, i don't think it is but so far he gets an A+ form Emery and I. She just loves her daddy and I just love seeing them bond.
Well hope all is well for you!

No comments: