Thursday, October 22, 2009

Totally taking it that far...

Well I thought I wouldn't take the book Skinny Bitch and become a vegetarian but I am so taking it that far. ALERT: If You LOVE LOVE LOVE meat then do not read this book! Because you will never want to eat it again! Giving up meat really should not be that hard for me because I already don't eat red meat or pork but now I'm cutting it all out including chicken. I think whats going to be hard for me is cutting out the dairy part. I love eggs for breakfast :(. Already lactose intolerant though so I have not had milk in three years. (well maybe in some food) but not a glass, only if it was used to cook something. I went on my first Organic / Vegan grocery shopping trip today at HEB Central Market in the Woodlands and to my surprise they are Stocked with stuff! So Kudos to them. Wish we had a Whole Foods up here though! I know this is a drastic lifestyle change but hopefully I will have support from my friends and family. Archie is supporting me as long as I don't take the meat away from him, which I would never do! After reading what is in our meat and what our HORRIBLE government allows to go on at Slaughter houses is DISGUSTING! Mortifying! Inhumane and unsanitary. If you are curious go to www.goveg.com and look at the video. Look with Caution!
On another note GEAUX TIGERS! Hope we bring our "A" game to the field on Saturday and Stomp on Auburn! Back to LC again, Archie hunting and I will hang out with my mom. This will be our last weekend until Thanksgiving.

No comments: