Thursday, August 30, 2012

Just call me Annie Sloan!

This is my first post from my phone so i apologize if it turns out yucky.
I have done a few more Annie Sloan projects. This is a vase from my bathroom that was green (forgot to take before pic). I used the color Louis Blue which was borrowed from my friend Mandy. She introduced me to chalk paint and now it's safe to say I'm obsessed!
Then there is my awesome, beautiful, fabulous door in Duck egg Blue. I got the idea from a blog post I saw while googling Annie Sloan chalk paint. The door in the blog was yellow and was gorgeous but not my taste so I went with the duck egg blue, which I also borrowed from Mandy. My entire house is very neutral, greys, tans, etc. So this door is just the pop of color I need. It's the door in the laundry room that goes into the garage so it is used a lot. The picture was taken right after I finished clear waxing it. It makes me smile every time I see it! I just LOVE it!!!
And then the other pictures are my best attempt at getting a picture with Emery. And as you can see its impossible :)

3 comments:

jill said...

Love the door! I so want to do that now. Love emery too!

hello said...

Love all of this!! I need to get busy! The close-up of you and Emery (with the sunglasses) is just stunning!!

Lady Butterbug said...

Love the door...great pop of color!