Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Any suggestions?

I try to post pics on every post but sometimes i forget! I quickly uploaded some from my phone for this post. Things have been great around here. We were in Lake Charles this past weekend for My friend Jaime's baby shower which was held at my moms house. It was so great seeing everyone and I can not wait to see Jaime in Mommy mode!
Emery is walking all over the place and is Miss BUSY Body@! Forget her sitting through church. We tried again on Sunday and we both ended up outside with her so she could run around. I am in Birthday planing mode trying to make lists and check things off. I am so emotional right now though that I cry every time I think about it. Is this normal or maybe it has to do with me being pregnant?? I don't know.

We are transitioning Emery to milk and I am trying Oh so hard to get her to drink it out of a sippy cup. This IS NOT working. She is usually so easy to adapt to change but this time she is putting her foot down. She wants her bottle. I tried to be very persistent last night for a good twenty minutes and after two different types of cups and the biggest temper tantrum I have ever seen from her I gave her the bottle. I have bought EVERY type of cup. She will drink water, juice, etc out of the cup but not her formula or milk. No way. Any suggestions???? I mean is it Ok for her to just love her bottle that much? I am fine with it, it does not bother me. Hell I am going to have bottles around for another year or so anyways. But I just wonder what "the rules" are..... Any advice on this mommies?
This is what my awesome husband surprised me with for our 5 year anniversary. I love love love my new right hand ring!! Thanks babe!

And here is a video i took of Emery yesterday afternoon. My voice is SO annoying so turn your volume down but i put it up here so you could see how good she is walking. Archie was out of town so we sent him a message. He surprised us thirty minutes later at the front door because he hopped on an earlier flight to get home to see us :) Sneaky guy

2 comments:

hello said...

First of all, your ring is gorgeous! and Emery is an absolute doll, as always!

Second, it's time to start posting belly pics, haha ;)

Now, for the bottle...let it slide. You will hear advice from sticklers that say drop it at one year. Period. That's it. Honestly, if it is a battle that is important to you, that's fine, fight it. But stick to your guns if you do. Otherwise, it will only be harder and take longer. I was like you, and my kids, like Emery. They wanted it, and I just didn't care. It didn't hurt anything. Like Em, they took everything but milk in a sippy, and eventually, wanted the bottle only at night. Mine gave it up completely just after two. It isn't bad for their teeth, I talked to my pedi and our dentist. She will be fine.

Only you know what is best for you and your Em, so follow your gut.

Christa said...

ditto what she says...
the rest of the world isn't as crazy as us when it comes to this stuff. They think it is weird here that we drop it at 1. Also want to re-emphasize what she said also that whatever you choose - STICK TO IT. no back and forth... same for crib, paci, etc.. once you decide you stick with your choice. They don't understand "sometimes" only yes or no. Hugs and Good Luck!
Christa